Sunday, June 24, 2012

Drawings From Intermediate Drawing

   Instead of a final exam, there's a final project. This image is a 18x24 drawing that I created by collaborating different reference images to get this composition. The goal of this drawing was to create a single image that displayed a scene of collaboration, so here I have created a room full of artists/painters who are all collaborating together to create several paintings for a gallery of they're work.



 
Live model charcoal drawing.



  
Tea Time For Animators
   This was just a simple sketchbook assignment that I decided to clean up to a full image. The assignment was to draw something from life and add something imaginative to the image, so here is a mug of tea on a saucer and inside of the tea is two Orca whales swimming in the mug. Tea Time For Animators.
 


 
Surface, Sketchbook Assignment


Structure
   This assignment was to focus on structure and I chose to interpret that with the structure of the body. I found that the Ancient Egyptians believed that there was a pyramid (or triangle) within ones torso, and that acted as the base of our structure. This is where I got my general idea and then I just played off of the natural angles our body has in this position. I really enjoyed doing this drawing.
 
   This is just a few ways I considered digitally editing the image. The significance of the pink triangle is that in the Holocaust gay men were forced to wear a pink triangle so that everyone knew. This was something I never learned in Junior High during our unit on the Holocaust. I have realized that much of the LGBT history is typically overlooked in the public schools.


   Drawing from a personal photograph. I chose this image because my family had just gotten a beagle right before I left for college so I was kind of obsessed... okay I still am but I also thought that it was an interesting angle, with a good composition and the variations in textures and surface I could really showcase my skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment